Wednesday, August 19, 2009

12 years.....

Today is Derek and my 12th anniversary! Crazy how time flies... Marriage, moving to Cali, Baby 1,happy, happy... newlywed bliss, moving to Iowa ..Baby 2 , poor poor.. to far for anyone to visit, to poor to do anything, except go to Oprah, (that's when I thought Oprah was cool, now I think she is a little psycho) move to Utah, HOORAY, baby 3 &4, and 5 (still can't believe we have 5!), happy happy times.. sad, sad, move to Idaho, happy happy... life is good.
It's been a wild ride... adventures, laughter and tears.... but I LOVE our life. It's turned out better than I could've planned (knock on wood), and I am so grateful for my best friend to travel this journey with. I love you Derek, eventhough you are CRAZY (I mean thanks for loving me... even though I am CRAZY!!)Year 12 was fantastic... the move was a bit painful... but Europe made up for it!!!
So what did we learn on year 12.... 5. that there is life out of Utah, 4. that Europe is still as beautiful as I remember, 3. that even though moving was the pits... we took the most important things with us, our 5 great kids, 2. That trials bring us closer to Heavenly Father and to each other, and 1. You have to remeber to stop and ENJOY the journey!! (Okay I didn't exactly "learn" this,,, just I was reminded to do this)
Happy 12... here's to 13.. I know that 13 is usually a suspicious number... but I am going to think positive and hope that it is a LUCKY year for our family......

6 comments:

Jonah said...

Congrats!! Okay we only have 2 weeks of summer left...I'm calling you today for a get together!!

meltinginarizona said...

Congratulations on 12 and going on 13!! Love you all.

busymama said...

so fun to see you last night!! Miss you all so much! Let me know how your lunch date goes!!!

Becky said...

Just what I needed and wanted to hear. I'm glad you're doing well up there!

Brian Miller said...

Congrats! I am just happy to say that I was there in the beginning when it all began at Concord #6....so romantic. The date at the cabin in Heber...Derek, you were so smoothe. Takin rides in the 'Thing'...that was hot. Way to bring it home, D & V!

Caroline said...

Hey Vicki,
This is Caroline (Call) Owens. I found you via Erika (Rowberry) Garner's blog. I just had to say congrats on your twelve years on the 19th! That was our 12th anniversary, too. I didn't know that we got married on the same exact day. It must have been a lucky day!! We've had twelve great years and five awesome kids, too. Well, check out my blog at owensfamilysmiles.blogspot.com.
Love, Caroline