Sunday, June 28, 2009

JOurneY of the B's













June has been so busy... summer started with a "BANG!" We celebrated Whitneys 8th Birthday ..(May 31st) ... and her Baptism, and then our Baby = Little Miss Kiley turned ONE!! How did that happen? I think she was just born... sad, sad, sad.. the year was so busy that it just Blew By... She is now trying to Balance and walk... watch out!

For the Baptism we were happily BOMBARDED by Family... we Broke the firecode and had 27 people at our Bed and Breakfast (home!!) It was a Beautiful day, and we appreciate everyone who came to share this special day with Whitney, and our family!! We were so sad when the crowds left... Please come BACK soon!

















I haven't been very good at blogging. I will try to atleast post monthly. .. I am a teacher for Relief Sociey and last month gave a talk about Enjoy the Journey. I had been thinking about what you need for a journey... a bag to bring all your stuff. I was driving down the road and saw it! I found an old RED round suitcase! It is so cute! I now keep it in my room, to remind me to enjoy the journey. I had a big "a ha" moment... I learned that you have to find your own "joy" in the Journey... because it is there... it is always there... see look JOurneY! Life is not to be lived it is to be CELEBRATED!!















7 comments:

busymama said...

congratulations Whitney!! What cute kids you have!! You have always been a great example of finding joy in any and all situations! So excited for you to see the temple - it is wonderful!!

Cher said...

Vic! I love and miss your family so much! I hope that adam and i will be able to come and visit the johnsons soon! We sure love you! Thanks for posting pics of the fam!
xoxoxoxoxox

kristydawn said...

you are so clever. I can't believe Whitney is 8 and Kiley is 1. All our sweet little ones are growing up! Miss you guys!

Heaps Crew said...

Little miss Kiley is just too adorable in the cowboy hat. I want to munch those cheeks. I still have my "joy in the journey" frame thanks to you! Great thoughts, Vick!

Unknown said...

I just read your comment on my blog. Thanks for checking it out. Melanoma is much worse than what I've got, so I'm glad to hear that you are fine. Your blog is fun to read. I'll add it to my list and keep reading. I'm so jealous that you got to go back to the mission. Someday!

Ali said...

Cute! I sure love your kids. Congrats Whit! Love you sweet Kiley. You guys are the best. ;)

Shandra said...

So cute! How fun for Whitney :) Conner is coming up in the next month and a half--he is pretty excited!

Hey! Good news :) We are up and running in Idaho with Deals to Meals. Email me and I can send you this weeks deals and meal planner so you can try it and give me your feedback and see if I forgot any 'major' stores. I would love to pick your brain!

love ya Vicki! We sure miss you guys :)