Friday, October 3, 2008

The Barbie Scooter

Last week, I walked my 2 oldest girls to school, Whitney road a scooter, and she decides I should just take her scooter home for her. So, after kisses and byes, I turn around to go home. In hand I hold the barbie scooter, and it starts calling my name. So what do I do? What any 30+ year old would do, I jump on and start riding the 2 blocks to my home.

At first, I am doing great, just cruising along, feeling free and feeling quite cool... Have you riden one? They are quite fun, ...well really fun until .....BAM BOOM CRASH!!!!

You would have thought that I ran into a pot hole, as I flew through the air and onto my tummy! Yes I crashed! A dad stopped to see if I was okay. Sure I said with blood on my hands and ankles. It wasn't so much the physical wounds that did me in, it was the kids across the street pointing and laughing at me! Sad sad....mean little stinkers, laughing at the old lady on the scooter!Well I brushed myself off, and I did mount that little scooter again, and finished my last block, bloody and with a shot ego. Well, maybe next time I'll just push the scooter home, um, then again... maybe not.

9 comments:

Ali said...

Oh my! Vicki--I am so sorry, but I had the best laugh over that one. At my sister's wedding, while dancing, I decided I could do a heel click in my heels. When I fell and sprained my ankle I quickly learned that my 30 something body was just not meant to do that anymore. Why do we do these things?

Did you break anything? I hope not.

Hey if you are interested in a new lay out let me know and I can make it fall looking. ;)

Cher said...

Ah Vickster! At last an update!!! Woot Woot! I was beginning to think that Idaho had swallowed you whole and that I'd never hear from you again! I am glad to be wrong!

THe Barbie Scooter!!! That combined with the memory of both you and Shelli jumproping preggers goes on the list of my favorite funny stories! I am sorry that you got scraped up thought! I hope that your healing well!

Sure love and miss you! I miss the kids SOOO much and can't wait to see you all again!

Kristydawn said...

No way. I've always wondered what I would do if I crashed as I go speeding down the pathway on one of the kids scooters. I haven't yet, but doesn't mean I won't... I'm sorry you got hurt. Makes a great story though.

busymama said...

you are too funny, I'm sorry about the mean kids :)! Love your new look (blog look that is)!! I still need your address!!!

Darci said...

I have had my share of crashes on those scooters too. Funny! Miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

Vicki, Thanks. I laughed so hard I was crying. My 4 year old starting laughing to, at me because I was laughing so hard. Thanks for the fun picture in my head as i see you cruising down the road on barbie scooter and wiping it!

Heaps Crew said...

You are the best, Vicki. Of coarse you rode the scooter home! I expect the same when you are seventy! You are one young hearted, fun-loving mama!

Erika said...

Oh, Vicki! I'm still laughing--me and the mean kids across the street ;-) Good for you to ride that scooter! I agree with Diane--I can see you on that scooter when you are 70!

Erin said...

Woo Hoo! Ride 'em cowgirl!