Saturday, November 17, 2007

Fall Fun





We decided that we couldn't resist a little fun in the leaves!!! So amidst the raking, the kids took a little break for a leaf shower!!

They threw so many leaves into the air that it was a blizzard of leaves!! They also buried each other, Emily didn't really like the itchy leaves.



Like this pile of leaves that fell from the tree, I am reminded, at this Thanksgiving Holiday, of my many blessings. One of the greatest blessings in my life are my children, those 4 that are here, and the new one to come! And also, one of the things I am most thankful for this year is Thanksgiving because if it is here that means I'm that much closer to feeling better!! Each week that passes means I am closer to relief!! Since I am usually quite sick until week 18, each week that I "survive" is a blessing.

So, a quick and silly Thankful list:
10. I am thankful that Derek doesn't have to travel anymore. (hooray for self-employment)
9. I am thankful that the Melanoma is gone.
8. I am thankful that we are being blessed with another little person. (Either Zach will be double stuffed or he will have a little brother).
7. I am thankful that I have such wonderful friends.
6. I am thankful for my supportive family.
5. I am thankful that we have the gospel, the scriptures, and for my testimony.
4. I am thankful that I am not a pioneer, because I would have died by now. (or been tied to the back of the wagon, because I am so blind without my contact lenses, which by the way I am so thankful for too!!)
3. I am thankful for health, which you don't appreciate until you feel crummy. (like now)
2. I am thankful for blogs which help me feel connected to my fun friends and family.
1. I am thankful for modern conveniences (like air fresheners -which save my life, since my nose is the size of a house! At least my sense of smell is!)

2 comments:

Aaron said...

It is kind of nice to count our blessings. I have been in a thankful mood recently too. BTW--where is Whit in these pictures?!??!

busymama said...

so glad you're feeling well enough to post, I love reading your thoughts and feelings - I'm also thankful for your bright and charming personality and your great ideas. Hope you start feeling a little better each day!